How do I create an online account on www.CarringtonMS.com?
One of the first steps to manage your mortgage through Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC (CMS) is creating an online account.
Follow the steps below to create an online account:
- Visit our User Registration page.
- If you have your CMS loan number, click on “Register my Loan”
- If you need to look up your CMS loan number, click on “Get my Loan Number”. Enter your prior servicer and your prior loan number
- Agree to the website terms and conditions
- Confirm your identify using your 10-digit CMS loan number and your Social Security number
- Enter your email address, establish a username and password and set up security questions
- A link will be sent to you via email. Click the link in the email to complete the account creation process
What is the process for making a payment after my loan transfers?
When your loan has transferred to us, your Welcome Letter should show an effective date of the transfer. After this date, you can start sending your payments to CMS. For more information on payment methods, please visit this article.
How can I avoid late fees while my loan is being transferred? I have not received information on where to send my payment, and my payment due date is approaching.
For the first 60 days after the transfer effective date, we will not charge you a late fee, report to credit bureaus or treat the payment as late. We are here to help you through the service transfer and understand the confusion it may cause.
Who will provide my Year End Tax Statement, my old or new loan servicer?
Please note that if your loan was transferred to CMS during a calendar year, you will also receive a statement from your previous servicer. If you have any questions about your prior servicer’s statement, please contact them directly.
When will I start to receive statements?
A monthly statement will be generated no later than the 17th of the month (or the next business day). You can also view your statements online by logging into your account and selecting “Billing and Tax Documents”.
How can I request a payoff statement?
You can request a payoff on your account online by logging in and visiting the “Payoff Request” page. Prior to submitting your request, please select the method by which you would like to receive your payoff statement. You can also sign up for an alert via email or text message to receive notification once your payoff statement is available.
Your payoff request can also be faxed to 866-624-6154. Please include the following information to assure that your request is completely in a timely manner:
- Your loan number
- The date you would like the interest calculated to
- The return fax or mail instructions
Please allow 5-7 business days for your request to be processed.