At Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC (CMS) we recognize that federally-declared, major natural disasters can cause our customers significant personal and financial hardship and that recovering from such disasters may often be difficult. In response to such catastrophic events and to meet the needs of our valued customers, CMS has a program that evaluates, on a case-by-case basis, each affected customer's situation and eligibility for potential, individually-tailored relief. CMS customers who have been forced to evacuate their personal residence or whose homes have been damaged or destroyed as a result of a federally-declared, major natural disaster, may contact CMS to determine if they qualify for any of the following payment relief and other customer accommodations:
- Waiver of assessments of penalties or late fees
- Payment deferments
- Forbearance or repayment plans
- Suspension of credit reporting to reporting agencies while on forbearance or repayment plan
Carrington customers can review a summary of programs available to those who have experienced hardships as a result of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Click below to download our reference sheet.
For specific details regarding this program please contact us at 800-561-4567 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, Eastern Time.
The 203 (h) provides 100% financing to you if your home, whether rented or owned, is located in a Presidentially-declared major disaster area (PDMDA), was destroyed or damaged and now requires reconstruction or replacement.
FHA 203 (h) Mortgage Insurance For Disaster Victims program Highlights
- Minimum 500 FICO Score
- 100% Financing
- Property must have been in a Federally Declared Major Disaster area*
- Applies to both home purchases and refinances
- You may be a prior homeowner or renter
- Can be used for either the purchase or reconstruction of a single family property**
- You must have been a permanent resident of the property**
- Single-family residences, manufactured homes (minimum double wide), PUDs and FHA approved condos (one unit owner occupied only)
- For Purchases, the property isn't required to be located in the area where the previous residence was located
- Mortgage rating required for current 12 month history prior to the declared disaster
Contact us today for a free consultation: 866-282-9608.
*Previous residence must be documented and verified to be in a PDMDA and destroyed or damaged to extend that reconstruction or replacement is necessary. FEMA PDMDA verification required, in addition to documentation from a 3rd party that the home is not habitable as a result of the disaster.
**Documentation is required to evidence residency: Valid driver’s license or utility bill.
Federal Contact Information
|FEMA Disaster Assistance
800-621-3362 / 800-462-7585 (TTY)
|American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund
|The Army National Guard
|American Red Cross Shelter Locations
|Federal Disaster Unemployment Insurance||Catholic Charities, USA
File before contacting FEMA:
|United Methodist Committee On Relief
|FEMA Disaster Preparedness for Kids|
|National Weather Service||
|National Flood Insurance Program|
|CDC (Centers for Disease Control)||
|US Department of Health & Human Services||Official Federal Government - Evacuees|